Instructions for those having trouble updating to the new version of SO Odds.
If you are running Windows XP on your computer, please follow these instructions.
If you are not running Windows XP or would like to have one of our techs walk you through these steps,
call the Don Best Sports office toll-free at 800-366-2378.
At this point, you should have the SO icon on the desktop. If you have trouble following the instructions, please call the SportsOptions office and ask for a tech to walk you through the steps.
When on the phone with one of our support techs, it may be easier for you to allow the tech to connect to your computer and perform the above steps. To allow the tech you are speaking with to connect to your computer, please click on that person's name below when the tech asks you to, and then follow the tech's instructions.
- Open the Control Panel
- Double-click Java to open the Java Control Panel.
- Click on the Settings button on the General tab (it is located near the bottom-right) to open the Temporary Files Settings.
- Click on the Delete Files... button which is located above the OK button.
- Make sure all the checkboxes are checked and click the OK button.
- After the window closes, close the Temporary Files Settings window, the Java Control Panel, and the Control Panel.
- Open a browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, etc).
- Go to http://www.sportsoptions.com/
- Click on the Odds Login link at the top-right.
- If you get a Warning Security window, click Run. Before clicking Run you may want to check the checkbox that says Always trust content from this publisher. This will eliminate the need for you to click Run in the future when starting SportsOptions from the website.